- There are 64 new drugs in development to treat mental illnesses. This
- represents an increase of 18 medicines since 1994, according to the
- reports from the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America.
- The industry estimates that in 1996 its companies will invest about
- billion on drug research related to the central nervous system. This
- second only to cancer-related drugs in research investment by pharmaceutical
- New drug treatments in development include: 17 for schizophrenia and
- psychosis, 13 for depression and manic-depression, and 12 new drugs
- anxiety disorders.
[ Home] [News]