Luvox-Caffeine Interaction Study
- Although caffeine is ingested regularly by many people, it is a psychoactive
- drug and may interact with other psychotropic agents. A recent study
- normal volunteers has found that the Serotonin-Selective Reuptake Inhibitor
- (SSRI) Luvox can substantially elevate serum caffeine levels. The study's
- authors are concerned that patients who continue their same level of
- tea, or cola ingestion while taking Luvox could suffer caffeine intoxication.
- Other SSRI's not included in the study are Paxil, Prozac and Zoloft.
- from Biological Therapies in Psychiatry Newsletter, Nov. 1996
[ Home] [News]