|Home | About | Donate/Volunteer | Contact | Jobs| Early Schizophrenia Screening Test||
Here's a recipe that everyone I've made it for has enjoyed (PS if you substitute an egg for the cream you will get Apple Cake)
Apple Crumble/Apple Cake
Ingredients: 2 Tbs cream (OR 1 egg)
1/2 C vegetable oil
1 C brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (the real stuff not imitation)
1 C flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 C apples peeled, cored, diced or sliced
3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour an 8" by 8" cake pan
2) In a mixing bowl beat cream and oil (or egg and oil) until creamy then add sugar and vanilla and beat well
3) In a large measuring cup, measure out flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and mix them together with a spoon. Slowly add this to oil and sugar mixture until combined. The batter will be very thick. Fold in apples and nuts (if desired) by hand using a wooden spoon. Spread batter into cake pan.
4) Bake at 350 F for 45-55 min or until top is crispy brown and cake yields downward with pressure. Cool and serve directly from the pan, with or without whipped cream. Cake version may be turned out onto wire rack and frosted when cool.
5) WARNING: This is a small dessert and very delicious...will not serve a crowd of more than six adults or six hungry children though the recipe claims to feed 12!